Addiction Journal

Pills – ( a repost from a social network )

PILLS- I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that’s just the start. I’m more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold, and if u need me, remember I’m easily found. I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me you’…ll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I’ll own your soul. When I possess you, you’ll steal and you’ll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you’ll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you’ll feel in your arms. You’ll lie to your mother; you’ll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you’ll forget your morals and how you were raised, I’ll be your conscience, I’ll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate from friends. I’ll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I’ll be with you always, right by your side. You’ll give up everything your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you’ll be alone. I’ll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I’m finished with you you’ll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I’ll drive you insane. I’ll ravish your body; I’ll control your mind. I’ll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I’ll give you while lying in bed, the voices you’ll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you’ll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it’s too late, and you’ll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You’ll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I’ll be your master; you will be my slave, I’ll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell… Re-post this and maybe you will saved a pill taker, his or her life!

Categorised as: Coping Skills

16 Comments

1. Lyndsay J. Clark says:

I’ve seen this poem a MILLION times but was glad 2 find it again so I can somehow get it printed out so I can mail it 2 my family (snail mail). It captures it SO WELL that it could speak 2 them better than I can.

2. A friend shared this and I have to share it for those that might need it

3. To help the love of my life. Before he dies.

4. Connie Kinzer Jackson says:

I hate what pills have done to a very precious person in my life. I have, first hand seen the power and hold pills gain on a person. I have been left with no choice but to pray everyday that the hold of this deadly drug let go of someone I love more than life itself or that they somehow can gain the strength and wisdom needed to turn their back and walk away from this deadly path and come back to me, to us. I want nothing more than to have em back.
    God, Please hear my prayers!

5. Connie Kinzer Jackson says:

I hate what pills have done to a very precious part of me. My son, one that I love so very much.. I am left to pray everyday that the hold of this deadly drug will let him go or that he learns to walk away on his own and come back to me, to us. I want nothing more than to have my beautiful son back.

6. Joe Jackson says:

this is so real…..

7. Shari Young Collins says:

This is so sad but yet so true….God please help those that are a slave to pills…

8. Mary Blevins says:

this is so true. I have been clean for a while now looking at everything from a sober point of view is not easy but hhen I read "pills " it made me think alot. trying to stay clean and having the stress on me and not any real support people say they understand but they don't unless they have walked this lonely road to recovery. I had to do it while my husband was in jail for dui. thank god he is clean now too. I have lupus and fybromyalga and cronic fatige and pain. but I am still doing this for my family mostly my son. I thought this christmas would be better been clean not spending money on pills but I had unexpected things come up my car brokedown and I still had no money for christmas presents or dinner. so it has been hard not to say heck with it just get high people treat me like I'm still a pill head anyway. bobs mom and stepdad talk about me call me names like they are in highschool. I look around and wonder where eveyone is al the so called friends , if I had a pocket full of pills id have plenty of so called friends that is another down fall of pills.friends that come around for one thing. in recovery you go to groups and learn coping skills. but they cant teach you how to deal with family who still treat you like your still the same person you was on pills. I have been praying for the past few days for god to touch me and bring me the peace I once had with him but the devil keeps telling me that it wont change the way people look at me. but I don't care about the people anymore this is for me! I am clean for me tired of been sick and tired , don't like the hustle don't like dealing with people or the problems that come with it. life its self has enough things to deal with. so when you read this pray that god will see fit to touch my life and my son and husband too. cause I want them to have peace too. the stress of seeing my son having everything his greatgranfater wanted him to have stolen from him and his dad been away when he is going thu the hard teenage years.
    this is a road where you have to put yourself first and not care about what other people think. that is hard for me cause I am use to putting myself last and eveyone else first. god please help me make it thru this without you ill never be able to make it. god please touch me let me know you are still here with me and I'm not alone. my family depends on me and without you I cant help them. take the place where the pills and the drugs have been and bring me peace. that's all I want for this chrismas…………………………

9. donna dunham says:

Please think about this before you take. Excess meds. Life is already short.

10. tiella says:

This is all soooo very true. You really are lucky if you ever break free